It's that time of year when the world falls in love and eats its face off...
I guess it's also the time when people buy stuff for each other...and that's pretty awesome, too. So I've compiled a fun little list of gifts for the baker in your life! Enjoy!
And yeah...that's me in half a polar bear costume. Respect.
1) Pastry cutter! Great for making pie dough AND mashing potatoes. Who doesn't love a multi-tasker?
2) Spiffy metal mixing bowls! Economical and UBER-usable!
3) A Digital Scale! This is for those recipes that call for 7 ounces of flour and ca-ca like that. No more, 'Sorry, British lady, I don't have a 37.2 ounce measuring cup so I can't make your recipe.' That just opens up a whole world of recipes!
4) Silicone spatulas! Essentials for any baker and look at the pretty colors!!!
(Sur la Table...I think)
5) Unless you're Mr. or Ms. Moneybags this ain't in your budget but...ain't it pretty to look at?
6) Tart pan with removable bottom! Perfect for those holiday Sugar Plum Tarte Tataines :) or whatever...
7) Decorative accessories! Pastry tips AND candy cane shaped sprinkles! Frickin' cute, right??!!!!!
8) A lovely alternative to Gingerbread men are:
I'm just trying to keep your holidays hilarious...
9) For the more traditional bakers out there: Cute ornament shaped cookie cutters :)
10) A Candy Thermometer! This one is for the more ambitious baker in your life.
11) A Silicone Baking mat! This is a pretty good match for the baker who is starting to experiment with caramel or hard candies.
12) A Cake Stand! Somethin to put all those pretty holiday treats on. I found this one on NYcake.com. It's pretty affordable and kinda pretty, too, doncha think?
13) An even fancier cake stand! This one is from Williams-Sonoma and it's a multi-tasker. Not only is it a lovely cake plate with dome, but it can also be a punch (or egg nog) bowl!
14) Yet another cake/cookie display thingie!! It's pattern is based on classic Christmas carols and will be used by your gift-ee for...ever. Williams-Sonoma.
15 a) For the fancy dancy baker: Cute dishtowels and a matching apron!
15 b) Cute huh? I found these on Anthropologie.com.
16a) This is a 2 parter, too. A cookbook stand with festive cookbook. The stand was pretty dang affordable (bedbathandbeyond.com)
16b) I mean...who doesn't love Nigella?